Detox & Purify Your Body: Top Foods to Include & Avoid
“The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” - B.K.S. Iyengar.
Eating pure, nutrient dense whole foods will help you feel more energized, nourished and balanced.
Toxic build-up over the years clogs our systems, blocks energy from flowing and creates disease in the body. It is helpful to eliminate foods that are high in toxins or take up a lot of energy to digest. This gives our body and digestive system a much-needed break and frees our energy for detoxification and healing.
Moving it out will help you experience greater health and vitality and preserve your body. You are making room for light and energy to flow through, experience more connection and a clearer, calmer mind. It helps to create space to hear our intuition and what our body truly needs, which will help us get healthier and more beautiful. A cleanse is necessary to achieve this clarity and connection, otherwise it may be parasites, bacteria, or toxic residue that is guiding food decisions.
Here are my top tips to help free up your energy and assist your detox.
Enjoy these guidelines at a pace and length of time that feels good for you.
It is helpful to have in your awareness and will give you better discernment in your choices.
5 FOODS TO ELIMINATE TO FREE UP BODY’S ENERGY:
1. Gluten (wheat)
2. Dairy (milk, cheese)
3. Sugar (all but stevia, which balances blood sugars; small amounts of maple syrup, coconut nectar, honey, dates, fruit is ok)
4. Alcohol – swap it for a kombucha :)
5. Processed and artificial “foods” – have the lowest vibrations – no benefit to your body or energy. Always check ingredients to see if it’s something natural your body will recognize and be able to use for energy.
5 FOODS TO ASSIST DETOX:
1. Green juice and superfood smoothies - liquefied nutrition – include sprouts.
2. Pureed soups, broth or miso soup – check out my miso soup recipe here
Nutrient Blaster Green Soup:
3. Herbal medicine – healing teas
Digestive Aid Magical Tea: turmeric, ginger, licorice root, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, lemon.
4. Fresh herbs – ex. cilantro helps detox heavy metals.
5. Fresh local produce – variety of colour, raw or cooked, depending on your constitution and how you are feeling when you tune in.
***All organic if possible :)
Release anything that no longer serves you or is draining your energy. This may include food, relationships, careers, clutter, toxic cleaning and personal care products. Clear out the old and create space for new and better things to emerge, living harmoniously with all that is.
I hope these tips help you experience greater joy, freedom and happiness.